Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 2 Snow!!!

What a crazy day... The first 8 miles were beautiful ridge walking a gradual upward climb. The weather was sunny with a few mixed clouds very nice conditions. Then it all changed. Raining sideways and snow mix. We got to Mt Laguna wet and cold. Oakdale picked up his package and we flagged down some hikers who rented a small cabin. They let us stay here and its a good thing too. Its snowing with about three inches of snow and 65 mile an hour winds. Our new friends are: father daughter team carlos and ? And clay who just finished college at University Puget Sound. I cooked a big lovely meal for Oakdale and me. And I earned my trail name today: Gourmet. I like it. We might be here for two days because of weather. I am very concerned about some of the other thru hikers that I started with. This is a big storm. Now I am sitting here, warm and watching Canucks hockey. We walked 17 miles today. A short day according to Oakdale. I am just trying to keep up. (Drafting) We will see what tomorrow brings...


No comments:

Post a Comment