Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 1 On The PCT

I did not plan on walking 26.6 miles on day one, but that what happend. Scout and Frodo are the nicest people on the planet. They picked me up from the airport, fed me salmon dinner, put me up for the night, fed me breakfast and brought me to the trailhead. Now that is something! I already me some great people: clutch, scott & dianna, (these folks were at the same house) also: Peru, wild bill the PE teacher from San Diego, and Oakdale who pushed me to walk far yesterday. I am in my tent. Its pretty cold out. Thankfully warm in the tent. Some beautiful country yesterday with rolling hills, catus, sage, intersting rock formations and perfect hiking weather. They say there is a big rain storm coming. No sign of it yet. Keep y'all posted.

More walking in a while....


5 comments:

  1. 26 miles, that's crazy! It's official, you're a PCT Marathon man now. - Evan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Then he walked another 15 on Friday. Apparently a snow storm hung them up- and waiting on his mail drop...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pff, call me when he runs 26 miles. ;)

    Way to go Marc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arlo says great job ! He's glad you are making good time because he wants to go to drum school! Peace Jeremiah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your done your hike now, but I just found your blog. I hope and dream of someday doing this hike, when the kids are older. I will be reading your blog all the way through. Thanks for doing this...

    ReplyDelete