Thursday, May 3, 2012

Musings On The Trail

I am walking toward Wrightwood, CA for the next six days. Today I am finalizing my food for the week and I have a few errands to run like the post office and the store. I just heard that the final number of thru hikers for this season is over 900! That's a lot of folks. The big Kickoff Weekend for the PCT is now over and the big herd is on their way. I am going to try to stay in front of all those folks. We have a fun crew right now. Lots of people from Washington State. People just keep popping in and out of your life on the trail. It is really something. The Big Bear Hostel was very kind to us and I have been cooking lots of good food for my hiker friends. My new saying is "If I have a kitchen, it's on!" I made eggs for seven people this morning. Darn good. It might be a bit before I am at a computer again. Sit tight. For the next two weeks we are heading West!
(not north)

Love, Gourmet

1 comment:

  1. Yo! Awesome to read about your adventures! I did not know you were on the trail, so I am glad to get the URL from RD. Keep posting my friend, yeah, keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete