Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Big Bear

We got to Big Bear a bit earlier than I thought. We hiked 24 miles today. What a long day. I feel good. Staying at the Big Bear Hostel. Mile 266 on the PCT. I am taking two zero days and gearing up for big miles starting on Friday morning. Amazing walking the last three days. We were at 9,000 ft by San Jacinto Peak post holing through the snow then in one day down to the desert floor where it was hot hot hot. Then right back up to 7,000+ ft into big trees and views of the desert and surrounding peaks. We mostly stayed right around 7,000-8,000ft and bam right into Big Bear, CA which is typically about 20degrees cooler than LA. This is LAs destination for skiing. (If you like that kind of thing. Hahahha) I keep meeting great folks. We have a good crew with various thru hikers popping in and out of my life. Some very unique characters. Very best to all. -Gourmet


No comments:

Post a Comment