Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sierra Thoughts

This week was one of the finest weeks of backpacking ever. We caught a wonderful day to summit mt. Whitney and then hiked Muir Pass, Seldon Pass, Silver Pass, Glen Pass, Pinchot Pass, and two more that I am not remembering the names right now. The alpine country was spectacular. My favorite was Evolution Basin which is all above tree line with several lakes. I would have loved to stay up there, but I settled for a relaxing lunch with friends. Other highlights included: Rae Lakes, Palisade Lakes, and Virginia Lake. This week we will be hiking into Yosemite! I am taking a zero today. I need it. We are hanging out in Mammoth, CA. Last night we had some beers at the local Brewery and ate huge meals of fish tacos. Afterward I bought triple scoop icecream cones for my friends just so I could watch them eat it all. Good stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment