Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy 1000 Miles!

We just passsed the 1000 mile marker on the PCT. The Sierra and Yosemite are behind us. (Sadly) The Yosemite backcountry was just beautiful. I just loved the terrain north of Tualmne Meadows. There is lots of variety in both rocks, trees, and plants. I have wonderful photos to share. Our last big pass was yesterday. Sonora Pass was a super dramatic alpine hike that was all above tree line complete with 60mph winds that knocked me over a few times. You know your in trouble when your backpack acts like a sail. Anyway, the terrain around Sonora Pass looks like amazing backcountry skiing. Its always fun to dream.....
Now we are posted up here in Bridgeport, CA. I am taking a zero day to rest. I feel good mostly, except in the mornings it feels like someone punched my feet in the night. The pain goes away eveyday after a few miles of hiking. We are staying in an old hotel that used to be a brothel. They say this place is haunted. I believe it. Still, its comfortable and I am stoked to get on the trail tomorrow. Hope you are all well. Love, Gourmet




3 comments:

  1. t h a t ' s a r e a l l y l o n g w a l k y o u ' r e o n r i g h t n o w ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. I can't imagine 1000 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god that is beautiful country brotha....paradise

    ReplyDelete