Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thoughts On A Long Walk

For the last ten years (or so) my outdoor activities have continued to become more and more important to me. For me, I need a balance between the music world (playing and teaching) and the natural environments that I love so much.

On The Promise of Nature:

I wasn't a boy scout. My family never went camping. So where did this all come from? I always loved nature starting with family weekends on the Oregon coast, and later beautiful sunsets on the lake at Camp Solomon Schechter in Tumwater, Washington.

I needed the right time and the right place. My long time friend David Oxman took me on my first backpacking trip in Big Sir, CA many years ago. I was hooked. In the last several years I have been on many backpacking trips, and several ski or split board descents of the Cascade volcanoes. My favorite!

Hiking the PCT will be much more than a hike. It will be a time to reflect, write music, meet new people, and experience a different existence for a short time. When I get home my life will return to normal. I will be doing the same things. Playing and teaching music etc... I will be a different person. I will change. What will be different? I am not sure, but I am looking forward to new experiences. So, please join me for a day hike or a picnic with wine and cheese at Yosemite!

To all my friends that have inspired me, and taught me new skills: You know who you are. Thank you so much. I am very grateful for your friendship and your patience.

Let's hit the trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment