Monday, January 19, 2015

Astro In Backpacker Magazine

Howdy Friends!

I hope your 2015 brings you health, happiness, and of course adventure. I wanted to give you a heads up that there is a beautiful article about Andy Lyon aka: "Astro" in the March 2015 issue of Backpacker Magazine. Or pick up a copy today from your local newstand and get inspired!

On a personal note I want to say thank you to Casey Lyons for writing a beautiful narative of Astro's story and legacy. This April will be three years since I set out on my own thru hike of the PCT. I could never imagined how much a long walk would effect my life years later. It is staggering. I have so much gratitude for my 2012 journey. So, thank you to all who made it so special. You know who you are. I will leave you with this....

Gourmet: "Oakdale, you walked over 6,000 miles on the PCT in the last three years. Why?"
Oakdale: (In a fake southern accent) "Well, ya know Gourmet..."It's the most beautiful trail in the world."

With Heartfelt Thanks,

Gourmet

No comments:

Post a Comment