Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hiker with lymphoma finds healing on 2,650-mile Pacific Crest Trail

Did anybody see this article from the Yakima Herald? Astro is my dear friend who I hiked with early on in the desert. And now I will rejoin him at Rainy Pass and hike the final 60 miles again. I will be joined by my close friend Dave, and hopefully Astro's dad Michael. I am leaving a week from tomorrow for an alternate ending to an already incredible five month journey.

Here are a few of my favorite photos of Astro from April/May. Step...Step...Step...

Cool Ranch, Capitan, Astro, & Gourmet




Carrot & Astro



Sean, Chunky Dog, Dianna, Astro, & Carrot just down to the desert floor from Fuller Ridge close to  Cabazon and Trail Angels Ziggy & The Bear

1 comment:

  1. I proclaim myself a map geek. After enlarging this pic I recognized the water fountain at the base of Mt San Jacinto, having seen it in other thru-hikers posts. There's also a pic on google maps.

    ReplyDelete