Monday, July 23, 2012

Shoes! And The Winner Is....

Lots of folks ask me how many pairs of shoes does it take to thru hike the Pacific Crest Trail. I usually tell people that shoes usually last anywhere from 500-750 miles per pair. I am on my third pair of shoes. Most thru hikers pick one pair of shoes and stick with what they are comfortable with. I have been on a quest to find the best shoes for the job. I think I have a winner. Solomon KA 3D Ultra 2 Trail Shoes. I have been wearing these since Truckee, (250 miles) and I am confident I will finish the hike with one more pair of the same shoes. Just to give you an idea of how well these shoes hold up my friend "Gutsy Rabbit" just retired her pair of Solomons after over 1,100 miles! She also used the same shoes on another thru hike. So if you are doing big miles or just want a solid hiking shoe that won't hurt your feet at the end of the day these are your shoes. Now let's do some hiking!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, most interesting! Gonna' check -em out. Hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for Gutsy Rabbit! Sounds like great shoes.

    ReplyDelete