Thursday, March 8, 2012

Walking To Support Cancer Research



Nine years ago my father was diagnosed with CNS Lymphoma which is a very rare brain cancer. Dr. Ed Neuwelt is perhaps the most knowledgeable doctor regarding this type of cancer. People are treated from all over the world. Coincidence or not, Dr. Neuwelt works at Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Oregon, which is less than five minutes from my parents house! I am quite convinced that Dr. Neuwelt saved my dad's life. With some encouragement from my mom and friend Will Windish, I am raising money to support cancer research. I will be donating to the cancer non-profit of Dr. Neuwelt's choice.

If you know me, you are probably not surprised that I am supporting this cause. Raising money for Livestrong over the past years was an incredible experience. It was about meeting people, sharing ideas, celebrating life, and rallying to beat cancer. (Oh yeah, we did some cycling too!)  A month ago I got a email from Lance Armstrong saying that he was going for his biggest challenge doing a triathlon. Lance, I raise you a marathon everyday for four months!

We all need to do our part. If you can help support this cause and my journey, I would be very grateful.

Thank you so much,

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment